Every year in the spring, you say this is the year you’re going to fix all the problems with your lawn. Then June rushes in and summer arrives with a whirlwind of activity and before you know it the warm season is over and you’re back to square one.
Here at Lawn A Mat, we know the business of making lawns beautiful. We also know the business of making things as easy as possible for our customers.
That’s why we’ve put together these five simple steps on how to prepare your lawn for the spring and upcoming year.
1) Assess what your lawn needs this year - It is a new year. and the needs of your lawn may change depending on the previous year and how your lawn fared the winter. This is sometimes a difficult task because rarely does your lawn look worse than just after the snow melts!
We can tell you one thing though, the ability your lawn has to recover is amazing! Depending on what kind of grass you have, the time it’ll take to come out of dormancy will vary, but if you begin to worry about its condition, just give us a call at (201) 891-4131 or (845) 986-8836, we’ll be more than happy to come out and take a look at it.
2) Remove Winter debris - Many branches, sticks and leaves will accumulate on your lawn over the winter. For the health of your lawn these should be removed. Items left on the lawn can kill the turfgrass.
3) Service tools and Machines - Unfortunately, many of us wait to schedule service for our equipment until it is needed. This puts us behind before we even get started as mechanics are often too busy to service our machines right away. Plan ahead. Get your equipment to the shop early.
4) Plan for next Winter - Your efforts the previous Fall and Winter can greatly improve your lawn care results the following year.
5) Check Out Optional Lawn Care Services - Some lawns need a little extra help to live up to their potential. At Lawn A Mat, for example, we offer customers services such as Flea and Tick Reduction to create tick safe zones to protect family and pets. We also offer Core Aeration and Spike Seeding two services that make your lawn stronger and give it a chance to breathe.
For folks interested in being nice to Mother Nature, we offer Moisture Manager which can save you as much as 50% on your watering needs and helps keep your lawn green during the hot and dry summer months as well as OrganaLawn helping save our planet one lawn at a time.